Sunday 14 March 2010

Brief Mea Culpas and Some Recommended Reading

So, obviously, in February, I broke my mission statement of weekly updates with only two posts and March has admittedly had a slow start to add to that injury. Thus I would like to offer my mea culpas on that and swiftly move along.

Earlier this week, I read through some of the blog posts I had not yet had a chance to read over at Zaki's Corner (a blog which I heartily recommend) and came across a recommendation to read a blog post by Greg Burgas over at Comic Book Resources. The post in question, entitled "The Political Leanings of Superhero Comics ... Revealed!", is an interesting take on usably defining the political terms "conservative" and "radical" (and to some extent, at least, also "liberal") and through those definitions look at the politics of superhero comics, both in terms of content and form.

Burgas somewhat lengthy analysis is well worth reading and his arguments are convincing. Instead of me waxing on about it, I recommend you use the link and check it out for yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment